There are so many of these stories out there that it’s sad. It has become a big business for companies to build low class websites that rank high in Google, but completely rip off their customers. We’ve previously written on the top 5 things to do after becoming a victim of a locksmith scam, but who should you be avoiding in the first place?
Please note that this is NOT a comprehensive list as scam companies constantly change their aliases.
1) Run Local Locksmith – When the first page of Google reeks of stories about Run Local ripping them off, you know it’s not a good sign. They pull the classic “$15 service, arrive in 15 minutes” bit, and then attempt to charge hundreds of dollars on the spot. We attempted to get them on record with a statement, but were unsuccessful. Shady people. Shady company.
2) A-1 24 Hour Locksmith – Stories of their tales litter the web. Also another company that will promise to be there in no time, but 2 hours later, show up in an unmarked car, charging high prices. This story tells it all.
3) Dependable Locksmith – This company probably would have ranked #1 if NBC and all sorts of other outlets hadn’t covered them ad nausea already. Let’s just say you don’t want to be wasting your time or money with these scam artists.
4) Papa Locksmith – Terrible
5) Tie – There are just too many not to name. Let’s just say that if the locksmith you are thinking about using is on the list below, think again
A Always Available 24 Hour Locksmith, A Emergency A Locksmith, A Locksmith Service 24 Hour, A-1 Locksmiths, AAA 24 & 7 Day Locksmith, Always Available Locksmith, Emergency & Always Available 24 Hour Locksmith, Locksmith Service, 24 Hour Emergency Locksmith, 24 Hour Locksmith, 24/7 Locksmith, 24hour a Locksmith, A # 1 24 Hour Locksmith, A 24 Hour Locksmith, A Always Available 24 Hour Locksmith, A Emergency A Locksmith, A Emergency Locksmith, A Kansas City # 1 Emergency Locksmith, A Locksmith, A Locksmith 00 24 Hour, A Locksmith 24 Hour Emergency, A Locksmith a 1-24 Hour, A Locksmith Always 24 Hour, A Locksmith Service 24 Hour, A Thirty Five Dollar Locksmith, A1 Locksmith Inc-Superb Solutions, A-1 Locksmiths, A24 Hour a Locksmith, AAA 24 & 7 Day Locksmith, All Around Locks, A United Locksmith, Alocksmith, Always Available Locksmith, Always Locksmith 24 Hr, Always Ready Locksmith, Brooklyn Locksmith, Columbus One Locksmith, Emergency & Always Available 24 Hour Locksmith, Emergency Locksmith, Express Locks, Dependable Locks Inc., Dependable Locksmith, Five Star Locksmith, Gold Locksmith, Liberty Locksmith, Locksmith, Locksmith 24 Hour, Inc., Locksmith Service, Mega Locksmith, Millenium Locksmith, Price Line, Priceline Locksmith, Inc., Quick Locksmith, S.O.S Locksmith, Speedway Locksmith, Superb Solutions Inc., Superb Solutions Locksmith, Top Guard Locksmith, USA Silver Locksmith, USA Total Security
The best thing you can do to avoid a locksmith scam is to use AAA or another dependable locksmith in the area. A typical cost is going to be ~$100. Ask for their business card. Check to see if they show up in an unmarked car. Don’t be fooled.
Typical $15, 15 Minute SCAM SITE